Friday, July 8, 2011

Fun Fact Friday

Well guys, it's that time of the week! It's FRIDAY!! The best day of the week as some people might say. As of right now for me all it means is that we'll be super busy at work tonight... lol it's still a good day though :). So this is the segment of my blog that will be something random about me that not a lot of people know. Things like my pet peeves, random food I like, things that make me happy, stuff like that. Something that will help y'all get to know me a bit better. So, today's fun fact is.....











I hate name tags...



This issue has come up quite recently actually as we had two wards combine and there's soooo many new people that they've asked us to wear name tags. So, why do I hate them? Let's make a list


Problem #1

Though I like meeting new people, I swear name tags make it super hard. It's like, "Oh, I already saw your name, so I figured I didn't need to know anything else about you." Like, at work we have name tags and whenever we get a new person I feel awkward if I don't introduce myself the first time I see them, because then, a month into working with this person you still have never used their name because you think it would be awkward if you just started using their name because you saw it on their name tag and not because you met them, so then you go on never talking to this person and it just creates even more awkward situations down the road... Seriously, the world would be so much better off without name tags. If you want to know my name, just ask. That way I won't think you're creepy if you come up to me on a day that I don't have a name tag and you use my name...


Problem #2

 Name tags mock me... Name tags are like another way of proving to everyone that I cannot come up with something clever or funny on the spot. Hardly anyone puts their REAL name on their name tags and they'll put something clever, like the first person whoever thought of putting "Inigo Montoya" on theirs. That's clever and funny. Me? I put my real name because I lack the skills of coming up with anything else to put on there. So then, I'll try to be cool and write my name all fancy. I seem to surprise myself at how terrible my artistic skills are every time I try to be creative in drawing. I am also reminded that I have terrible hand-writing... So it's just another form of public humiliation for me lol

Last, but not least there is 
Problem #3....

.....Where the heck do you put it?!? 
I mean, guys do not really have this problem at all, but the girls do. We try to avoid the obvious, but awkward place to put it, so we try everything we can. We try putting it right on our ribs, but that doesn't work so well. We're crossing our arms, and moving around so much that it falls off within minutes. So the next thing we try is on the side of our shoulder or arm. This solution is a tad bit better if you're one who can sit still, but if you're not, then it's just bent the name tag into a more unnatural position and it just continues to curl up until it pops off. So... with the obvious solution being the only one left, we at least try to make it better by putting it higher up closer to our collar bone without putting it on our skin because that is annoying. But I tried this on sunday and it was soooo hot that I sweat through the dang thing and ended up just ripping it off in embarrassment and frustration. I swear, we're better off putting them on our foreheads.... 

Well friends, that was the fun fact of this fantastic friday. (Try saying that five times fast) I hope you enjoyed it, and it made you laugh or at least smile... if not, too bad. It's not like you came into MY blog expecting to laugh! You should know me better than that. Anyway, enjoy the start of what I hope will be a wonderful weekend for everyone! And see if you can get that darn song out of your head....

No comments:

Post a Comment