Friday, January 17, 2014

Media Post

So, I am posting about Media I was exposed to this week. I heard a song on the radio today, which I had heard before, but I thought it would be fun to talk about. The song was "True Love" by P!nk. When I heard this song, I cracked up. I just thought it was the funniest thing. Here are some of the lyrics:

Sometimes I hate every single stupid word you say

Sometimes I wanna slap you in your whole face
There's no one quite like you
You push all my buttons down
I know life would suck without you

At the same time, I wanna hug you

I wanna wrap my hands around your neck
You're an ***hole but I love you
And you make me so mad I ask myself
Why I'm still here, or where could I go
You're the only love I've ever known
But I hate you, I really hate you,
So much, I think it must be true love

I just thought this was terribly funny. But honestly, what kind of message is this really sending? That the person you love, you will also hate? I guess sometimes there are little things your spouse may do that drive you crazy, but that in no way means that you hate them because of it and want to strangle them...This really isn't sending the right kind of message about the kind of love you want to have, or that you want your kids to have later on. Anyway, I still think it's funny, but it's not the best of messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment